This is why I love these mini chocolate bar favors so much. You can make them in any color that you like and add toppings according to the feel of your event.
Fun: Add mini marshmallows, pretzels and jelly tots.
High Tea: Add nuts, dried berries and edible flowers like I did with these.
Wedding or Corporate event: Play with contrasting colors and add edible gold leaf.
- White Cooking Chocolate [I got mine from Chocolate Den]
- Powder Food Coloring [Chocolate Den]
- Mini Chocolate Bar Molds [Chocolate Den]
- Dried Rose-leave
- Fresh Edible Flowers
- Silicon Spatula to work the chocolate and work in the color
- Mixed nuts
- Pink Caramel Popcorn - I used Pink Diddle Daddle
- Little Cellophane bags for wrapping - the ones I use are from GreenHome and made from cellulose, and completely recycable!
- The fresh strawberries and flowers keep very well for two days if you place them in the fridge - so you can make them in advance.
- Place the white chocolate discs in a microwavable bowl.
- Heat the chocolate on high for not more than 30 seconds at a time. Mix. Heat for 30 seconds and so on until chocolate is melted.
- If you are afraid of burning the chocolate, use the Double Boiler method.
- Once melted, add your powder food coloring. Only add a TINY amount at a time as the color is very intense, and personally I prefer lighter colors.
- Once color has been mixed in thoroughly, slowly pour into the molds. Be careful not to overfill.
- Do not spray anything into the molds before adding the melted chocolate, the chocolate will not stick.
- Lightly bang molds on counter surface to even out your chocolate bar.
- Quickly add your toppings - the chocolate hardens quite quickly.
PS* You can order these for your event in any color and/ or flavor. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and additional information. xX