Always in the back of my mind, a while ago I saw 'McVities Digestives' in a Clicks Store, and remembering the taste from my days when I lived in London, I knew they would make the perfect biscuit for this recipe, viola!
So I decided that this will be my first post for our June theme - WINTER WARMERS! I am going away for a few days of R&R, so I decided to post it early, enjoy!
Now that I had the biscuits, I started to browse the internet for S'more 'how to' instructions, and came across this indoor version. As it turns out, I also found the easiest, yummiest dessert you could possibly serve your friends and family this winter! They are so delicious (really!) and so much fun to eat and also very pocket friendly!
PS* Dad will also love it!
(Serves 6 - 8)
- One pack of McVities Digestives Plain.
- One slab of 70% Lindt Dark Chocolate (I like the slight bitterness).
- One pack of 400gr Marshmallows (I bought two packs as I only wanted to use white marshmallows).
- Cast iron pan, 22cm (I covered the wooden handle with some tinfoil so that it does not burn).
- Turn your oven on 180 degrees celsius. Do not use the grill element.
- Break your Lindt bar into small pieces and spread it out evenly on the bottom of your pan. It is perfect as shown in the picture above, and will give the perfect chocolate/mallow ratio.
- Cut each mallow in half and arrange in circles until the pan is filled.
- Place the pan into the oven and check on them after 8-10 minutes. Remember the marshmallows should look like you toasted them on the fire - nice and toasty. Put them back if they are not dark enough and check every minute until ready.
- Serve immediately.
- Place it in the middle of the table and provide each guest 2 biscuits; with a cup of coffee!
Thank you to the lovely Marethe.com for the pretty pictures and the fun.